Last modified on December 19, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Account data, such as the username and password that you may use to establish an online account with us.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Order and purchase history, including your interactions with our checkout page.
- Payment details, such as your payment card number, bank account number and shipping address.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services, data co-ops, and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
- Marketing partners, such as companies that have entered into joint marketing relationships with us.]
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our websites, online services and our communications, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type, IP address, unique identifiers , language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information, and general location information.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our websites, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Our Services may use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser, in connection with specific applications.
- When you visit our website, log in, register or open an email, cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies may be used by our online data partners or vendors to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or service providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to these email addresses. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
Service delivery. We use personal information to: (i) provide, operate and improve our Services and our business; (ii) process your payments and complete transactions with you; and (iii) communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
Improve, monitor, personalize, and protect our Services. We may also use personal information to improve and keep our Services safe for our users, which includes:
- Understanding your needs and interests, and personalizing your experience with the Services and our communications;
- Engaging in surveys and recording our video and audio chats with consumers;
- Troubleshooting, testing and research to keep the services secure; and
- Investigating and protecting against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Research and development. We may use personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Nowadays-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including:
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property;
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services;
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business.
Payment processors. When you make a purchase at Nowadays, your payment card information is collected and processed directly by our payment processors. We do not record or maintain payment card or bank account details. These payment processors may use your payment data in accordance with their privacy policies.
Third Parties. Third parties, such as advertising companies and data providers, for interest-based advertising and other marketing purposes, including those third parties’ own purposes. To learn how to opt-out, please see the “Privacy Rights and Choices” section below.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Nowadays.
Privacy Rights and Choices
Access, correct or delete. If you have a Nowadays account, you can review and update certain account information by logging into your account. Registered users may also contact us to request deletion of their account and certain personal information. We may request information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to limit or decline access and deletion requests, such as where we need to retain your information for security, compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes, to comply with law, to establish or defend legal claims, to protect the identities and rights of other users, to protect trade secrets, or because access or deletion is not practicable. If we delete your account, you will not be able to access it. If we delete your information, it will generally be deleted from our active databases, and the information may remain for a period of time in our backup files and in unstructured files until these records are deleted in the ordinary course of business.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com
Other Sites and Services. Our Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions
Security. We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Minors. Our Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 21.
How to Contact Us. You can reach us by email at email@example.com.